Parent/Guardian hereby grants the Colorado Children's Chorale all permission and rights to use, reproduce, photograph, record, and otherwise disseminate any aspect of the participants involvement in the Colorado Children's Chorale Vail Workshop for general distribution. No compensation will be made to the Parent/Guardian for this use.
In case of emergency, I give my permission to persons representing the Colorado Children’s Chorale to see that my child receives whatever emergency medical or surgical treatment is needed and to hospitalize him/her if necessary. It is understood that every effort will be made to reach the persons named on this form.
IN CONSIDERATION for myself and/or my minor child listed above being permitted to observe or participate in the programs and activities of the Colorado Children’s Chorale, a Colorado non-profit corporation (“CHORALE”), the undersigned, on behalf of my child and such participating children and any personal representatives, heirs, and assigns (all such persons, collectively, “Chorale member”) understands and agrees that:
1. The novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic has created unprecedented disruptions in operations of the CHORALE as it has the rest of our society. COVID-19 is highly contagious and is transmissible by numerous means, with group singing having been linked to several COVID-19 outbreaks;
2. Participating in the Vail Workshop may result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, personal injury, temporary or permanent disability, and/or death of the participant and others with whom the participant has contact, including grandparents and other at-risk individuals;
3. Despite the efforts of the CHORALE to limit the spread of COVID-19, the CHORALE cannot guarantee that a participant will not become infected; and
4. Vail Participant will not attend or participate in the Vail Workshop, and will notify CHORALE personnel, whenever the participant or a member of their household, is known to (a) have tested positive for COVID-19, (b) have been exposed to a person known to have tested positive for COVID-19, or (c) exhibits any symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing. Vail Participants who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms during the Vail Workshop will be asked to leave immediately.
The CHORALE has taken, and will continue to take, steps to implement certain recommendations issued by public health agencies for slowing the transmission of COVID-19, including the access restrictions mentioned above. Vail Participant understands and agrees that the CHORALE may revise its procedures at any time based on updated recommendations issued by public health agencies, and Chorale member agrees to comply with such revised procedures.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in the CHORALE’S programs and activities, Vail Participant hereby:
1. RELEASES, WAIVES, AND DISCHARGES the CHORALE and all of its trustees, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and the parents or guardians of the other children (“Released Persons”) from all liability to participant, and AGREES NOT TO SUE, for any loss, damage, or claim on account of illness or the death of participant (or any person who may contract COVID-19, directly or indirectly, from participant) whether caused by the negligence, active or passive but excluding gross negligence, of the CHORALE or otherwise while the participant is engaged in any program or activity of, or affiliated with, the CHORALE.
2. ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND THE RISK OF, ILLNESS OR DEATH FROM EXPOSURE TO COVID-19, due to negligence, active or passive but excluding gross negligence, or otherwise while participating in or observing any program or activity offered by or affiliated with the CHORALE.
3. Expressly agrees that the foregoing ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Colorado and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND FURTHER AGREE THAT NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR INDUCEMENT APART FROM THE FOREGOING WRITTEN AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN MADE. I AM AWARE THAT BY THIS AGREEMENT I AM GIVING UP VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES FROM THE RELEASEES IN CASE OF ILLNESS OR DEATH FROM EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AT ANY CHORALE FACILITY OR DURING PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM AND ACTIVITY. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE ON BEHALF OF MY MINOR CHILD AND/OR LEGAL WARD AND I REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO THE CHORALE THAT I HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO SIGN THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF SUCH MINOR.